Merritt Centennials Hockey Club – Head Athletic Therapist and/or Equipment Manager
The Merritt Centennials Junior Hockey Club is seeking a Head Athletic Therapist and/or Equipment Manager for the upcoming season.
Reports to: General Manager and Head Coach
- Game and practice preparation, including dressing room maintenance.
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance (experience is considered an asset but training is available).
- Responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses of players.
- Working in conjunction with the team doctor and other medical staff as needed, including coordinating and arranging player appointments.
- Communicating with and updating hockey operations staff regarding player injuries, conditions and recovery.
- Maintaining records regarding players’ conditions, training and treatment plans.
- Documentation of all injuries, training and treatment plans.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory of supplies.
- Assist with filing and processing insurance documents.
- Comply with all BCHL and organizational regulations and requirements.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the hockey industry
- Understanding of the hockey environment and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Preference will be given to those who are certified Athletic Therapists
- Sports First Responder Certificate
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- Criminal Record Check
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org